Record Suspensions

Regardless of the nature of the offence or when it was committed, an offence will permanently remain on your record unless you take steps to request a suspension. 

A record suspension, also called a pardon, can make it easier to travel abroad or get permission to visit foreign territories.  A Record Suspension removes the obstacles created by having a criminal record. For example, employers often request a criminal record check, which could be problematic, but with a Pardon or Record Suspension, neither will appear on the final report.

Please note that it is important to closely follow the guidelines for requesting a pardon as in certain cases, a pardon can be revoked and your record can go back into the CPIC database. If you find the process too complex or difficult, our experts can help you through it.